Online Transaction Processing
In a society that is turning away from paper cash and moving toward plastic credit card transactions, online transactions are king. Online transactions give the customer the ability to purchase the product they desire without having to leave the comfort of their home. Companies like eBay and Amazon.com have built their brand with online transactions and quick delivery services, but even storefront businesses have started moving toward online transactions.
Online Transaction made Easy
The main selling point for online transactions is its simplicity. Customers don’t have to leave the comfort of their Utah home to purchase the item of their choice, all they have to do is click a few buttons and fill out the payment information. However, there are ways to improve your online transaction processing services and help make the process even easier for your customers. Some ways to do this are:
- Payment Security – One of the main reasons a potential customer opts out of the payment process after they has selected the product of their choice is because of financial security concerns. Putting your private information online can be risky and if you don’t reassure your customers that their information is safe and secure, odds are you will lose out on their business.
- Payment Options – Customers love options and adding a number of payment options will make them feel more comfortable buying from you. Accepting multiple credit and debit card types and online service, like PayPal, will allow your customers multiple methods to pay. Obviously it’s not possible to offer every single payment method available so the best idea is to look at the preferred methods of payment your customer base uses and offer them.
- Don’t Redirect Customers – Keep your customers on your website to pay. Redirecting your customers to a separate website, like PayPal, might be easier than designing your own online store and payment forms, but it could confuse customers and lead to them aborting the sale.
Disadvantages of Online Processing
Online Processing may be easy for both the customer and the merchant, but this service does come with a few disadvantages.
- Security – Online processing services do everything in their power to protect customer information but in some rare cases they don’t succeed. If the databases that store all user and customer information is hacked, financial concerns could arise from the customers.
- Electricity – Obviously in order to use online processing services electricity is required. If your business is solely online then this cuts out a fair amount of potential customers in underdeveloped countries. Additionally, if there is a power outage or a blackout, like the infamous 2003 Northeast Blackout, customers in metropolitan areas won’t be able to purchase your product until power is restored.
CardPRO Systems is glad to help you with any of your merchant services needs, especially those in Ogden, Clearfield, Layton, Farmington, and Bountiful, Utah.